Work with Me
More than 20 years of print experience beginning with the newspaper industry in 1998. I used Adobe InDesign to design catalogs, brochures and newsletters. I used Adobe Illustrator to create tradeshow booths, banners, and other applications that require large scale. I used Adobe Photoshop to create print ads.
Creating videos, animations, stop-motion and shooting photos are other skills. When shooting video, I create a storyboard and after shooting, I edit video using Adobe Premiere Pro. I am more comfortable shooting photos in a studio than outside.
Social media can be an asset for marketing purposes, but it can also be time consuming. Updating Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and others can help with SEO. But it can also provide interesting updates on products and company happenings.
Creating print ads, or banner ads on a web site are some of the aspects of marketing I handle. I am also knowledgable with Google Ads, and email marketing companies, like Mailchimp. Once a web site is up, Google Analytics is an excellent tool to track clicks.
Search Engine Opitimization is one way to get your web site to the top of search engines.
ECS, Grants Pass, Oregon
October 2005 - Present
• Create marketing material. Catalogs and sellsheets showcasing product and specs of product. Catalogs
and sellsheets created using InDesign.
• Created pricing configurator for outside vendors, reps and inside sales team to use for quoting purposes.
Configurators display smart numbers and price based on options and hardware selected. Programming to
• Photos of product for use in marketing material. Set up studio, including lighting and remote access. Edit
High-resolution photos using Photoshop and ACDSee.
• Update company web site. CMS: Magento. Store admin: process orders that come through the web site
and create opportunities and sales in Salesforce. Set up all web leads that come through web site in Salesforce.
• Create email marketing campaigns. Send out email blasts to 12,000+ customers. Create email using
HTML. Software to send emails: Vertical Response. Able to track opens, clicks and bounces. Links in
emailers go to web site pages.
• Track hits on company web site using Google Analytics.
• Generate monthly employee newsletter. Newsletters created in InDesign. Compile fun company facts
and newsworthy information each month.
• Create artwork for T-Shirts and other company events using Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Help admin social media (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube).
• Create video campaigns, including product information, how to, testing and marketing videos to show in
tradeshows. Storyboarded videos, shot them and edited them using Premiere Pro. Uploaded videos to
company youtube channel. Also created stop-motion video of the construction of one of our
large containers for three months. Took nearly 10,000 photos and compiled into a 2:36 video.
• Created company’s first online store. Online store generates about $60,000 in sales each year.
• Product 360 degree animations. Shot product on round table and then edited. Software used: Flash.
Mail Tribune, Medford, Oregon
September 2000 - October 2005
Sports Page Designer
• Designed the sports section for 35,000+ circulation paper five nights a week.
Software used: Quark, NewsEdit and Photoshop.
• Was responsible for deciding what went into section each night. Scoured AP wire services and
helped with local content.
• Edited AP photos with Photoshop.
• Several designs placed in Oregon Newspaper Association contest as well as Regional contests in largest
• Created very popular “Prep Focus” page that ran every Thursday. “Prep Focus” was a page dedicated to
local high school sports and consisted of quick hit information. Was recognized by several editors and
designers for its design and layout.
• Also created a “Pick-it” contest that runs in the fall. Sports staff and a reader pick the local and
college football games. 17 years later, the Pick-it contest remains a reader favorite!
• Created page proofs each night. Color pages were sent as CYMK. Consistently met midnight deadlines.
• Created 60+ page football tabs from 2000-2005 that provided preseason information on local
college and high school teams.
Standard Times, San Angelo, Texas
November 1999 - September 2000
Sports Page Designer
• Designed the front page of award-winning West Texas newspaper that had 90,000+ circulation.
• Strong emphasis was on creativity. Sports editor was very talented designer and expectation was the front
of the sports page should carry section. So it was my job to meet those expectations despite two very tight
deadlines each night.
• Wrote columns, stories and covered several local events, including baseball games and a rodeo.
• Strong local high school content that had coverage 100+ miles.
• Helped design and wrote several stories for 100+ page football tab.
Daily Triplicate, Crescent City, California
April 1998 - November 1999
• Sports editor for 5,000 circulation paper on Northern California coastline.
• Covered one high school (Del Norte) and reported and wrote game recaps, features on local high school athletes and columns.
• Designed sports page and usually one other page each night. Software: Quark.
• Also covered local sporting events in Del Norte County.
• Created 35-page football tab, which helped generate lots of advertising $$ for newspaper.